Reddit Reddit reviews CableWholesale Cable Wholesale 3 Prong to 2 Prong Grounding Converter (30W1-32200)

We found 33 Reddit comments about CableWholesale Cable Wholesale 3 Prong to 2 Prong Grounding Converter (30W1-32200). Here are the top ones, ranked by their Reddit score.

Computer Cable Adapters
Computer Accessories & Peripherals
Computers & Accessories
CableWholesale Cable Wholesale 3 Prong to 2 Prong Grounding Converter (30W1-32200)
3-Prong Female2-Prong Polarized PlugAdapts grounded plugs to non-grounded outlets (3-prong to 2-prong) for US plug typesUL Listed
Check price on Amazon

33 Reddit comments about CableWholesale Cable Wholesale 3 Prong to 2 Prong Grounding Converter (30W1-32200):

u/compstomper · 13 pointsr/berkeley

100% hearsay: 2 prong plugs are compliant as is. if any electrical work needs to be performed, then the landlord needs to upgrade to 3 prong.

if you don't have any sensitive electrical equipment, you can get adapters

u/snaverevilo · 4 pointsr/berkeley

Use one of these It works by attaching the third prong to the metal screw I think, I used them in my two prong outlets and it works great. Any hardware store should have them if you're in a hurry.

u/Mortimer452 · 3 pointsr/HomeImprovement

Thousands of homes are still using older wiring from the 1960's and prior with only 2-prong outlets.

I wouldn't call it "unsafe" more like "slightly less safe" than modern 3-prong grounded outlets. You can use adapters like this to use 3-pronged plugs with these outlets.

u/scriptonic · 3 pointsr/DIY

this The little part at the top you screw it into the outlet

u/psychojeremy · 3 pointsr/audiophile

That's probably noise in the laptop that makes it through to the dac. Try one of these( )to eliminate the poor grounding in your house. If you have a dac with optical in and your laptop has optical out that would correct the problem.

u/Somewhat__Useful · 2 pointsr/AskEngineers


If you want to use a ghetto fix, you can tie the ground into the neutral. (THIS IS ALSO A BAD IDEA)

I'd say the safest bet is to tie the ground through the extension cable and use the 2 prong outlet for the hot/neutral. That, or get a ridiculously high rated extension cable.

The main issue, is that drawing a lot of power through the extension cable that probably isn't rated for that much will cause possible hazards. The ground likely isn't going to be carrying much current, so it should be ok to use.

Tie that metal tab into something you absolutely know is grounded.

u/wherestheanykey · 2 pointsr/techsupport

Well, the power supply is a good brand, so that's another indication that the card might be bad.

Perhaps it could be that you're getting line noise from your ground. You can test this with a three to two adapter (or go to the dollar store, buy a cheap power strip, and break the ground prong off).

If the flicker is gone without the ground, it's definitely noise. You can run the monitors without a ground, but a line conditioner or UPS would be a better idea.

u/zanfar · 2 pointsr/electricians

If tapping helps, check all cables and connections to make sure they are clean and tight.

Can you post a picture of the board, and any cables/equipment between the outlet and the board? I would be surprised if that little overvoltage would cause a problem. However, I would replace the cord end and use a 2-to-3 prong adapter (wired correctly) although I don't think this is your problem.

u/HiroshimaRoll · 1 pointr/explainlikeimfive

What do you say about these?

u/ericjamesmoose · 1 pointr/DJs

Sounds like your laptop charger has problems with a slight voltage going to ground. This is causing a ground loop which cheaper laptop chargers are notorious for creating. This will still happen even if you plug into different power bars or outlets due to all of them going to a common ground. This can be fixed by a cheap three-to-two prong adapter. Or if you want to go the high tech expensive route try getting a ground isolator.
The three-to-two prong adapter can be found at any local hardware store or Home Depot in the electrical department. Or here

u/didilogout · 1 pointr/WeAreTheMusicMakers

Get a ground lift. Usually will fix/reduce that annoying hum.

u/LittleHelperRobot · 1 pointr/audioengineering
u/DustyCuttlefish · 1 pointr/computers

Very little glare on the screen, I have never had much of a problem with it.

Three prong, but look what i found :D

Battery life is pretty good, nothing spectacular. I usually have it plugged in, but when unplugged and on "balanced" mode, I can get it to last several hours

If you were to pay, jsut do it through ebay, easiest

u/ArizonaLad · 1 pointr/HomeImprovement

These adapters:

As for changing them out, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted them to work as a grounded unit.

u/nagaijin · 1 pointr/japan

Go to a hardware store and get something like this.

u/abersnatchy · 1 pointr/chile

Gringo checking in here. Just got to the country and agree with everything here. You only need the round two pin adapter to get your N. American plugs to work with the outlets here. I thought I had to buy a S. American adapter, but turns out, I needed to buy the European one. Also, if your laptop has a three prong I'd suggest getting a [grounding converter] ( It makes my laptop plug look like a franken-plug, but it works fine, no issues.

Also, your stuff will charge crazy fast here, which is nice.

u/Zelytic · 1 pointr/techsupport

The jack I plugged into is a headphone jack. The only two jacks the computer has are a microphone and a headphone jack. Are headphone jacks typically amplified?

Just to make sure we are on the same page. Are you refering to this type of device:

u/GeneralRobert · 1 pointr/travel

Or one of these, if you have the adapter to the US 2 pronged plug.

u/Some_sound_guy · 1 pointr/LocationSound

you can buy them and since it's sounds like its created from the power go with a power ground lift not an xlr one. Here is an example of what it looks like from amazon.

But they are good for identifying the problem you can also try plugging it in someplace other than where you have tried I've used ground lifts before when having problems with ground noise.

u/user808a · 1 pointr/AskElectronics

Over here, in the US, we have these adapters that replace the third prong with a ring that we screw on the plug housing that acts as a ground.

u/marcusnorris · 1 pointr/WeAreTheMusicMakers

Is it a buzzing sound? I had this happen recently and it was an electrical problem. Plugging my laptop into something similar to this before plugging it into the wall solved it for me.

u/flybye22 · 1 pointr/AskElectronics

Another solution is to get something like this

and actually hook up a ground (see marnevel's comment, #4) to that mounting hole, this would give you all that you need.

u/keeegan · 1 pointr/technology

You need something like this. you unscrew the screw from the wall plate, plug this in, and screw the screw in through the hole on the male side. This will earth a 2 prong socket so you can use a 3 prong plug. You should be able to pick one of these up at a hardware store, or walmart for a few dollars.

u/alias_enki · 1 pointr/mildlyinfuriating

you can buy these as 3-packs in most dollar stores. What is really annoying is when the outlet doesn't have enough friction to hold anything in.

u/[deleted] · 0 pointsr/DIY

Ideally you would want to purchase one of these and then connect a wire between the circular opening on the converter to a big metal plumbing pipe nearby.

u/NyQuil012 · 0 pointsr/DIY

Don't do that. Get a ground lift. The little ring connects to the cover plate screw of the outlet and should provide for grounding if the outlet is properly wired. Or, better, get her landlord to replace the outlets in your grandmother's apartment with ones that conform to modern electrical code.

u/eldred2 · -1 pointsr/funny

Only $2.79, and free shipping.

If you take the screw out of the cover, plug this in then screw the cover back on it will even be grounded.

Grandma is giving you her electricity. Be grateful, and deal with this trivial issue without making a fuss.