Reddit Reddit reviews Cobra Products PST154 4-Way Sillcock Key

We found 9 Reddit comments about Cobra Products PST154 4-Way Sillcock Key. Here are the top ones, ranked by their Reddit score.

Hand Tools
Power & Hand Tools
Tools & Home Improvement
Cobra Products PST154 4-Way Sillcock Key
Used to open and close sillcocks or spigots; used in place of sillcock handles4-way key fits 1/4", 9/32", 5/16" and 11/32" stemsDurable steel constructionEasy to use
Check price on Amazon

9 Reddit comments about Cobra Products PST154 4-Way Sillcock Key:

u/ryanmercer · 6 pointsr/preppers

> Get yourself a prybar (Like This but better ).

If one really felt the need for a prybar, I'd go with a proper breaching tool like any of these

u/JoeIsHereBSU · 6 pointsr/bugout
  • Silcock key
    • Most businesses and buildings have a water access on the outside of the building that uses a silcock key instead of a typical hose with a hand valve.
u/SolusOpes · 5 pointsr/preppers

For urban I like a sillock key. Though a Leatherman can pseudo fill the role.

u/soloxplorer · 5 pointsr/bugout

I would start with the basis of a get home bag, which should have you covered for basic first aid, food/snacks to sustain you for the duration needed to hoof it home, a water container and a means to acquire more water (speaking of which, you may find this device handy in an urban environment), and a way to remain comfortable in the elements (jacket, sunscreen, bug spray, etc).

As far as weapons are concerned, you might consider a fixed blade knife around 6 inches in length, some mace/pepper spray, or a collapsible baton (18-21" ought to cover it as far as concealment and effectiveness goes). Make sure you're up on the laws though, and be sure to train, train, train.

u/SomeChicagoan · 3 pointsr/bugout


  • I was hoping the four liters of ready-to-drink water would help me avoid the complexity of collecting/purifying water and be sufficient for the distance/duration I need to walk. Most available water sources near Chicago are pretty polluted with all manor of disgusting stuff, even on a normal day, so I hesitate to risk consuming it. Thoughts?
  • I had never heard of a silcock key before, but I'll be adding that to the bag. Good suggestion!
  • I'll also get a multi-tool. The Gerber 01471 seems to get pretty good reviews for the price. Any other suggestions? Ashamed I didn't already think of this...
u/voidqk · 3 pointsr/vandwellers

One of these:

Useful for getting water from gas stations. A lot of times the faucet will need a sillcock key. When I go inside and ask for permission, sometimes they say they don't know where the key is, but I say I have my own... then they let me use their water.

Easy peasy.

u/jtclayton612 · 2 pointsr/Ultralight

I said wrench but I mean something like this

u/randomtyler · 1 pointr/fixit

Thanks for the response.

Yes, there is a valve inside the house that is turned off. And I see what you mean about the allen screw and that makes sense about it draining. But you know how there's a pipe between the valve inside the house and this little junction outside? That section of pipe still has water in it that can't drain through the tiny inside drain because there is a vacuum in the pipe.

Are you saying that I need to buy some sort of water valve handle that I stick on top of the silver "plug" to be able to turn it?

EDIT: Oh man, is this what I need? Or perhaps this or this is better.