Reddit Reddit reviews First Alert CO400 Carbon Monoxide Detector, White, Pack of 1

We found 8 Reddit comments about First Alert CO400 Carbon Monoxide Detector, White, Pack of 1. Here are the top ones, ranked by their Reddit score.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Fire Safety
Safety & Security
Tools & Home Improvement
First Alert CO400 Carbon Monoxide Detector, White, Pack of 1
Keep your family safe with this easy to use, battery operated carbon monoxide alarm; Battery powered alarms provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even if there's a power failureFeatures an advanced electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor that accurately detects carbon monoxide levels, no matter where the detector is placed in the roomA loud 85 decibel alarm sounds when CO levels reach dangerous levelsTo ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom5 year limited warranty; Equipped with end of life signal chirp, so you know when it’s time to replace the unit for safetyAll first alert CO alarms are rigorously tested to meet UL standardsFirst Alert has been the most trusted brand in home safety since launching the first residential smoke alarm in 1958 (Based on a First Alert Brand Trust Survey in February 2018)
Check price on Amazon

8 Reddit comments about First Alert CO400 Carbon Monoxide Detector, White, Pack of 1:

u/DrTom · 7 pointsr/vandwellers

You want a Mr Heater Buddy, man. Easy to use, safe, cheap to run, and it will keep you warm in a space much bigger than a van. Highly recommended.

EDIT: for safety, make sure you install a carbon monoxide detector.

u/rabidstoat · 6 pointsr/news

I just bought this one after reading this. (Not an affiliate link, but using the smile URL for the charity donation.)

u/Dirty_Old_Town · 6 pointsr/Louisville

You can get one for $15 online. Worth it.

u/Eddirter · 3 pointsr/Calgary

$30 - https://www.amazon.ca/First-Alert-CO400-Battery-Monoxide/dp/B000N8OYXI/

At the 2100ppm level the fire department measured an adult has over an hour to get out to clean air, a child has less, but that alarm would have certainly given a heads up, especially if you hear all of your neighbours having them go off in the hallway at the same time.

u/it_rains_a_lot · 2 pointsr/Landlord

It honestly depends where you live, such as a tenants union that you can research and pursue follow up. For example, this is Seattles: http://www.tenantsunion.org/en . I think it comes down to how much effort you want to deal with this. Do you have natural gas coming in to your place? If not it really may not be worth it. If you're very concerned, you need immediately remedy, and the landlord is dragging their feet, here's one from Amazon from $20 https://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-CO400-Battery-Monoxide/dp/B000N8OYXI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475004662&sr=8-2&keywords=c02+detector

u/52electrons · 1 pointr/CampingGear

I say split it. Canvas tent and a mr Heater.

Grab one of these.
http://www.kodiakcanvas.com/10-x-14-ft-flex-bow-vx-tent/

And get a buddy heater. That’s what I do. Also get a CO detector that runs on batteries.

Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002G51BZU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_rGJ3BbEGK272F

First Alert CO400 Carbon Monoxide Detector, Battery Operated https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N8OYXI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_dHJ3Bb65YD12X

On super cold nights I’ll let it run, but usually I operate it to keep the ten warm while I’m awake at night getting in my bag or in the morning when I wake up to warm up before I get dressed.

Used this setup in 20deg F camping with my two kids and wife. Heater can more than keep up. Also comes with a tip sensor and Ox sensor. But can always use a backup.

u/rlconkl · 1 pointr/preppers

An incomplete burn sounds to be rare and relatively easily identified in advance. Another quote from the site linked above:
>Carbon Monoxide is the product of incomplete gas combustion often because appliances are improperly adjusted. Properly functioning propane appliances will produce what is called an "ideal burn" during combustion and present no danger of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

and

>Several products of incomplete combustion are easily visible and if noticed...

Additionally, the Mr. Heater Buddy OP is considering is a catalytic heater, and doesn't produce an open flame (cleaner).

Practicing an abundance of caution, inexpensive CO detectors are available and should be used.