Reddit Reddit reviews Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy

We found 74 Reddit comments about Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy. Here are the top ones, ranked by their Reddit score.

United States History
American History
History
Books
Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy
Farrar Straus Giroux
Check price on Amazon

74 Reddit comments about Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy:

u/PersianPenisBox · 47 pointsr/conspiracy

You want some REAL information? Then you need to take the time and read.

http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

Start there. Its written by the 2 most prominent political theorists of our generation. Waltz and Mearsh have added more to political theory together than all of the other political theorists combined IMO.

These two are not 'conspiracy theorists' - they are acclaimed professors of political theory. Renowned in every respect. They wrote about the "Israeli Lobby" and its impact on US foreign relations. Its an unprecedented amount of support. I know it sounds weird to say "Zionism owns America" but to someone who is IGNORant (not a jab at you, its just the reality) it sounds strange. When you start reading about Zionism/Israel/Jews and their political impact on American foreign relations, every action you see witnessed on your TV or articles you read make contextual sense.

If you actually want knowledge, and not just facts you can peddle but not backup, then by all means go Google away. If you want a grounded understanding of how Israel buttfucks Americans so openly, start with the book.

u/gec_ · 29 pointsr/TheMotte

In what I think is my first ever top level post here I'd like to discuss and point out some recently published claims by former officials that likely Israeli spy devices were found near the White House sometime in the last few years. Let me quote the article, bolded parts are mine:

> The U.S. government concluded within the past two years that Israel was most likely behind the placement of cellphone surveillance devices that were found near the White House and other sensitive locations around Washington, according to three former senior U.S. officials with knowledge of the matter.

> But unlike most other occasions when flagrant incidents of foreign spying have been discovered on American soil, the Trump administration did not rebuke the Israeli government, and there were no consequences for Israel’s behavior, one of the former officials said.

> The miniature surveillance devices, colloquially known as “StingRays,” mimic regular cell towers to fool cellphones into giving them their locations and identity information. Formally called international mobile subscriber identity-catchers or IMSI-catchers, they also can capture the contents of calls and data use.

> The devices were likely intended to spy on President Donald Trump, one of the former officials said, as well as his top aides and closest associates — though it’s not clear whether the Israeli efforts were successful.

Naturally these claims were denied by the Israeli embassy and no part of the U.S. government was willing to officially comment on it. They got another former counter intelligence official from the Obama administration to comment on these claims on the record and he said:

> “The Israelis are aggressive intelligence collectors, but they have sworn off spying on the U.S. at various points and it’s not surprising that such efforts continue,” said Daniel Benjamin, a former coordinator of counterterrorism at the Obama State Department and now director of the John Sloan Dickey Center for International Understanding at Dartmouth.

> Benjamin, who emphasized that he was not aware of the FBI's investigation into the cell-phone spoofing, recalled once meeting with a former head of Mossad, the premier Israeli intelligence agency, when he was out of office. The first thing the former Mossad official told Benjamin was that Israel didn’t spy on the U.S.

> “I just told him our conversation was over if he had such a low estimate of my intelligence,” Benjamin said.

Anyway, I imagine none of this is that surprising to informed commentators (the United States has caught and jailed an Israeli spy in the United States before, Jonathan Pollard) -- and the U.S. government probably tries to do the same thing to Israel. But none the less it sparks a little dissonance that one of our closest allies is engaged in such behavior despite our vigorous (and even more vigorous under Trump) support of them. I'm not sure what the standard protocol is to respond to these things but is troubling that the administration made no attempt to rebuke the Israeli government (as the officials claim).

This, in my opinion, undermines his 'America First' attitude. In general, criticisms that one is failing to live up to ones own standards are a lot more potent than the claims that one is failing to meet the standards of others, so we'll see how this comes up in the 2020 election. Some of the Democratic candidates are practically just as pro-Israel as him, though, so it may not come up.

We should always be wary of 'anonymous officials' attempting to further their own agenda but these claims do fit into my previous understanding of how Israel operates and Trump's sympathy to Israel so at the moment I believe them. Let me know if you think there is a good reason to doubt their veracity.

What should the response be? I don't really know, but surely some sort of response or punishment is warranted by blatant espionage. It makes me ever more wary of exactly who is benefiting from our close relations with them, even aside from the consideration of the influence of the Israeli lobby.

u/thebloodisfoul · 28 pointsr/stupidpol

lol jesus fucking christ, everyone understands that aipac is shorthand for a constellation of pro-israel lobbying groups and donors. go read the israel lobby if you're seriously this dense

u/Ashoka345 · 26 pointsr/Documentaries

It's just a comparison of how stories play out in American and British media.

There is academic work on this by some of the most reputable IR scholars on the planet...

http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

If you want peer reviewed work I wouldn't look to some guy on youtube attempting to compare and contrast news clips.

u/WalkingDad · 25 pointsr/de

>Das Fragwürdige an Israelkritik ist mE die Singularität - die lautesten Kritiker hört man immer nur über Israel schimpfen.

Genau das gleiche Argument kommt bei USA und Trump-Kritik auch andauernd.

Erstens, ist es völlig irrelevant, da Kritik in einer bestimmten Diskussion erst mal für sich steht. Sie ist entweder berechtigt oder nicht aber sich dann, wenn man es nicht schafft die inhaltliche Kritik zu entschärfen, einfach darauf zu berufen, dass es ja auch "nordkoreanische Todeslager" gibt, ist einfach nur unehrlich. Ich muss mich mich nicht in eine Diskussion "einkaufen" in dem ich erst mal eine Liste der Top 10 autoritären Regime abarbeite um mich anschließend für eine Israel-Kritik "reingewaschen" zu haben. Würdest du dich mit dem gleichen Maßstab beurteilen, würdest du wahrscheinlich in kürzester Zeit selbst daran scheitern.

Zweitens, (und hier kommen wir wieder zur USA-Kritik zurück) ist der Grund warum man die USA und nicht den Sudan, warum man Israel und nicht Nordkorea kritisiert der, dass sich sowohl die USA als auch Israel als Teil der westlichen Wertegemeinschaft sehen. Von diesen Ländern darf man nicht nur einen höheren Standard an Menschenrechten erwarten, man kann auch hoffen, dass Kritik an diesen Ländern eine größere Wirkung hat, als der tausendste Artikel über nordkoreanische Straflager, die Kim Jong Un o.ä wohl kaum interessieren werden. Genauso wie es von Ungarn erwartet wird, sich an europäische Werte zu halten und Orban überproportional kritisiert wird, obwohl er keine buchstäblichen Todeslager in seinem Land hat.

>Meine Bitte: Schaut es euch selbst an, geht auch in die Palästinensergebiete, redet mit Leuten. Wer dann noch ernsthaft von einem rassistischen Apartheidsregime sprechen will, bitte.

Und hier redest du einfach Quatsch:

>Eine israelische Regierungskommission stellte beispielsweise 2003 fest, dass Israel sich ihnen gegenüber "gleichgültig und diskriminierend" verhält. In der Tat findet die Ungleichbehandlung israelischer Araber unter israelischen Juden viele Anhänger. Eine Umfrage vom März 2007 kam zu dem Schluss, dass 55 Prozent der israelischen Juden getrennte Freizeitangebote wünschten, während mehr als 75 Prozent sagten, sie wollten nicht im selben Haus leben wie ein israelischer Araber. Mehr als die Hälfte der Befragten meinte, wenn eine jüdische Frau einen Araber heirate, sei das Hochverrat, und 50 Prozent sagten, sie würden an ihrem Arbeitsplatz nicht arbeiten, wenn ein Vorgesetzter ein Araber wäre. Das Israel Democracy Institute berichtete im Mai 2003, dass 53 Prozent der israelischen Juden "gegen die volle Gleichberechtigung der Araber sind" während 77 Prozent der israelischen Juden glaubten, dass "es bei wichtigen politischen Entscheidungen eine jüdische Mehrheit geben sollte". Nur 31 Prozent "sind dafür, dass es arabische politische Parteien in der Regierung gibt". (...)
>
>Quelle (hier gibt's den 60-seitigen Aufsatz als PDF /edit: allerdings ohne den oben genannten Auszug, wie ich gerade gesehen habe)

u/dank-nuggetz · 20 pointsr/conspiracy

>AIPAC doesnt spend that much money compared to other lobby groups

They are one of the most powerful lobbying groups in this country and by FAR the most powerful with regards to foreign policy.

Read this book.

A little about the author:

"John J. Mearsheimer is the R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor of Political Science at the University of Chicago, where he has taught since 1982. He graduated from West Point in 1970 and then served five years as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. He then started graduate school in political science at Cornell University in 1975. He received his Ph.D. in 1980. He spent the 1979-1980 academic year as a research fellow at the Brookings Institution, and was a post-doctoral fellow at Harvard University's Center for International Affairs from 1980 to 1982. During the 1998-1999 academic year, he was the Whitney H. Shepardson Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York."

He's a brilliant writer and this book in particular lays a very solid groundwork for understanding just how much Israel has us on puppet strings. Oman may been an actual anti-semite, but the points she's making are not anti-semitic.

u/FacelessBureaucrat · 16 pointsr/PoliticalDiscussion

Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer: "The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy" (PDF). This is the key essay that later became a book that explains how strong of an impact the Israel lobby has had on U.S. foreign policy (by both parties) and why. The essay, at least, is worth a read.

u/LtCmdrData · 16 pointsr/geopolitics

> didn't take you to be one who believed in this conspiracy theory

There is conspiracy theory about Jewish lobby and then there is influential Jewish Lobby. Trying to insinuate that there is only the conspiracy theory version is just clever argumentative trick, just like anti-Zionist = anti-Semite assumption.

u/rogersiii · 14 pointsr/OutOfTheLoop

It is just for show. Israel isn't going to do anything against Iran militarily, though they have been recruiting terrorists against Iran while pretending to be CIA agents because they want to start a fight between Iran and the US. http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/01/13/false-flag/

On the other hand, it also shows how the US foreign policy system is so open to manipulation and control by wealthy donors who have their own agendas. How long have we imposed sanctions on Cuba, for no goo reason other than the fact that anti-Castro cubans fund campaigns in states like Fla and NJ?



But in reality, Israel's efforts to make Iran into an issue with the US, has started to make Israel into a BIGGER issue as people are pushing back. People are starting to wonder why we should back Israel at all
Not so long ago you weren't allowed to mention the "Israel lobby" in polite company -- now there are mainstream books written about it, and NY Times editorialists refer to the US COngress as "bought and paid for" by pro-Israeli lobbyists http://mondoweiss.net/2011/12/friedman-line-congress-is-bought-and-paid-for-by-israel-lobby-is-shot-heard-round-the-world

http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501/
Even if Israel attacks Iran, nothing will come of it. Iran will simply rebuild its nuclear program and very quickly too. It is already MASSIVELY popular amongst Iranians, and if attacked it is going to be even MORE popular as Iranians are nationalistic.

u/BravoReview · 14 pointsr/worldnews

You sound like a guy who has never done any theory-grounded reading before. Let me make a recommendation for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

This book is written by Waltz and Mearshimer, the latter being a Jew. They are considered, by far, to be the prominent political theorists of our time - diving into state lead conflict to a degree which will expand your mind beyond the typical "Jewish Lobby is BAD to say because I don't know why" thinking.

Their thesis falls under the notion that the Jewish lobby, aka AIPAC, is the most influential lobby in the history of the world. They have unprecedented amounts of leeway amongst our congressmen and executive branch because they rely so heavily on their campaign funding and swing-state Jewish voters. Essentially, entire careers of congressmen are held at the whim of the Jewish lobby, AIPAC. Their decisions are almost always hawkish in the sense that Jewish nationalism is the main driving focus of their policy efforts, hence why the Israeli-Palestinian situation is so fucked.

I am tired of hearing Israeli sympathizers constantly crying about extermination or hatred from others. Israels stance has always been to tolerate certain levels of terrorism to legitimize their policy efforts under the notion of 'not another genocide' and extremist protectionist attitudes. It is backwards and illegitimate at best. The worst part is that Israel is a democracy, so their entire foundation of support can be swayed by the voters. THIS is why there is so much frustration with Israeli and Jewish policy. They can change their government, but choose not to. They have education, but they rather buy into nationalism and the propaganda that their government feeds to them.

Waltz and Meirsheimer go into all of this. Alas, you will probably NOT do the reading and sit here attempting to speak volumes about how using terms such as "Jewish lobby" and "Jewish apologists" precludes to quazi-racism banter. Try again. You're out of your element.

u/refriaire · 11 pointsr/worldnews

If you are from the US, check how much you give Israel in aid annually. Zero percent interest loans, grants, access to the most modern weapons, military contracts, military aid, diplomatic backing, etc. Their weapons industry is based on US contracts and access to US military technology.

  • The US pays for military research

  • Israel gets the technology for free.

  • They use the technology in their own weapons industry.

  • The US BUYS IT FROM ISRAEL

  • Profit (for them)!

    If you do not believe me, read this book.
u/_ferz · 10 pointsr/geopolitics

Nope, that's not what I was getting at. Feel free to argue with your own preconceived notions at this point.

I will point out one thing. There is a good academic book on lobbies, particularly Israeli. In this case, is this okay for the government to take their money that ultimately alters US policy? Are you outraged by this or these particular players get a free pass but when Russia gives out a loan it's a subversion of democracy? Are you hypocrite or perhaps you can acknowledge that there is a fundamental flaw in the system and Russians are doing nothing wrong but to play this by the "rules" that Western democracies have established for themselves?

u/nixed9 · 9 pointsr/politics

Because the current government of Israel is far-right warhawks who need constant conflict so they can always be "defending themselves" and keep political power, and they do not tolerate ANY criticism

American is a thing that can be easily moved - Benjamin Netanyahu, unaware he is being recorded.

9/11 Was good for Israel because it shifted public opinion away from arabs and towards Israel - Netanyahu

See also: Mearsheimer & Walt, The Israel lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy, Published: 2007 by Farrar, Straus, Giroux. Available at:
https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501
> "Pressure from Israel and the lobby was not the only factor behind the Bush administration's decision to attack Iraq in March 2003, but it was a critical element."

Id.

Pro-Israel Lobby caught on tape boasting that its money influences Washington (WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT Rep OMAR WAS SAYING)

Netanyahu says THERE IS NO DIPLOMATIC SOLUTION FOR GAZA as he renews calls for military action - Times of Israel, Nov 2018

Netanyahu Beating War Drums is about Politics More Than Security - Haaretz, Nov 2018

u/fdeckert · 8 pointsr/AskThe_Donald

Because if you have money, you too can buy Senators and Congressmen and Presidential candidates and play King of the World

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/09/sheldon-adelson-is-ready-to-buy-the-presidency.html


Spend enough money, and terrorists are no longer terrorists

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/sep/21/iran-mek-group-removed-us-terrorism-list

And money buys lobbyists and PR campaigns
https://www.catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=5970


Two bigtime mainstream profs of international affairs will explain it all for ten bucks on Kindle

>The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy
https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501/

Here's the shorter version -- they had to have this printed in the London Review of Books because no one in the US would print it https://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/john-mearsheimer/the-israel-lobby

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2006/06/08/the-storm-over-the-israel-lobby/

u/jhib456 · 8 pointsr/samharris

Virtually all of the hyperlinks lead to bogus media outlets and some of the arguments can only be argued by giving remarkably uncharitable interpretations of things other people said. Consider the one against Ellison. In 2010, Ellison said, “The United States foreign policy in the Middle East is governed by what is good or bad through a country of seven million people. A region of 350 million all turns on a country of seven million. Does that make sense? Is that logic? Right?” The author deems this "paranoid anti-Semitic themes." Maybe, or it could be just true, given how many Middle East scholars have made similar claims.

u/evildemonic · 7 pointsr/Israel

This book is one of the most neutral and honest takes on the subject I have read: http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Are you familiar with it? I think most people in this thread, on both sides, should give it a read.

u/AStormsABrewin · 7 pointsr/politics

Fuck AIPAC.

Suggested reading.

u/[deleted] · 7 pointsr/TrueReddit

The Israeli Lobby and US Foreign Policy was written by professors of University of Chicago and a Harvard, it was an expansion of an article they wrote and got a lot of shit for. I never ended up reading it, but will probably start with this documentary. Thanks.

u/CorticoefferentCrab · 6 pointsr/ChapoTrapHouse

US imperial ambitions in the Middle East, and in particular the Levant, are themselves motivated to a large extent by Israeli "security interests." From a pure geopolitics standpoint Israel is way more trouble than it's worth. It's not antisemitic to acknowledge that the Israel lobby plays a huge role in directing US foreign policy.

u/photalysis

u/Disquestrian · 6 pointsr/The_Donald

Entirely different situation with this woman. Rahm in Chicago is a dual citizen. His loyalty is not to the US. His father was an Irgun terrorist, the group that "taught the Palestinians all they know". Many false flags ( King David Hotel, USS Liberty) and used white phophorous on Palestinians as late as 2014. Please research on actual non Mossad propaganda on the situation. Hard to find, not impossible. Start with www.Mondoweiss.net

US Politicians Who Hold Dual US/Israeli Citizenship (as of 2014... More now)
http://american3rdposition.com/?p=12767

The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy
https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

u/Cool_Bastard · 6 pointsr/samharris

It sounds like you have two subjects, Sam Harris on Israel and is there anything stopping them. I am no friend to Islam, in fact I am in agreement with Sam that "it's the mother load of bad ideas." However, my feelings towards Islam does not blind me to the plight of the Palestinians. It's painful to watch and the sorrow that Israel heaps upon them only fuels and legitimizes the Arab/Muslim world against the West, specifically the US for funding Israel. What is going on there is nothing short of globally accepted genocide.

I too am a huge fan of Sam Harris. For the most part, I agree with everything he so eloquently states...except for Israel. I listen to his podcast every day and find myself marveling at his use of the English language in expressing such well thought out concepts and ideas. However, I try to avoid his talks on Israel, but it's really not that hard since it doesn't come up much. I just accept him for being soft on the subject.

Regarding "nothing stopping them" I hate to submit to the idea that they are on the path to steamroll all Palestinians and nothing will stop them. As long as the US is their money-guy, they will do whatever they want and nobody can say anything. Why? Because there is a huge Israeli lobby by the name of AIPAC that will destroy any American politician that questions Israel. They are organized towards one goal and fund both right and left leaning politicians and to see that goal come true, which is to ensure Israel takes ownership of the entire country of Israel and push out the Palestinians. Zionism is alive and well and its victim is the Palestinian people. Unfortunately, to say anything about the subject turns the speaker into a bigot and antisemite; there is no room to criticize Israel.

I suggest reading two books on the subject The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy and Jimmy Carter's Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid.

u/ExileOnMyStreet · 6 pointsr/worldpolitics

He did not throw...oh, for fuck's sake, just google the background.
Then read.

An read some more.

Or watch a movie.

u/phil_1991 · 5 pointsr/Ask_Politics

Good question! This relationship has actually come under some academic scrutiny recently. In terms of realpolitik - israel is a US ally where there aren't really a great wealth of state actors who are considered us state allies, so the practical advantages of having a friendly nation state slap bang in the middle of an area that is teeming with anti American sentiment is clear ( arguably due largely to the sheer scale of US intervention in the middle east, which intensified from and after the gulf war in the 1990s, there's a book called "blowback", I forget the author but it could really contextualise the debate). The book I came on here to reccomend to you is by Miershiemer & Walt, called "The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy" - here's a clumsy amazon link (I'm on my phone) http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0374531501 - it was fairly influential and has been discussed at policy level. It essentially argues that the costs (favourable arms agreements, housing grants [that can't be spent in the legal minefield of Palestine, but, sort of is]) don't actually outweigh the benefits of having Israel as a dedicated ally. It's definitely worth a look because it will weigh up all the pros and cons for you and show you what America gets for its massive expense, and will set out the debate so you can get an edge on the competition, good luck!

u/Nemester · 5 pointsr/DarkEnlightenment

For people who are interested in more information on AIPAC, there was a book published a few years ago by a Harvard and a university of chicago professor:

http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

Here is the wiki on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Israel_Lobby_and_U.S._Foreign_Policy

u/mst3kcrow · 4 pointsr/worldnews

I also forgot to mention AIPAC. They're one of the big reasons you see overwhelming support for Israel in the US Congress. Just keep in mind the US government does not always represent the citizens; hell, just look what happened over the past 10 years. As well, it's important to note that the aid we give to Israel is military aid which is used to support the MIC. I don't mean to keep replying but I'll put it this way: there is a lot to know about Israeli/American affairs. If you want to know more than the typical American does about the situation, I recommend skimming the Israel Lobby (fairly dense), Finkelstein, and Chomsky.

u/Puzzleheaded_Match · 4 pointsr/lebanon

>every single one of your sources are megaphones of IDF

John Merscheimer wrote an entire book against Israel. If The National Review is a "Megaphone for the Israeli Army" then why did they invite John Merscheimer to write new articles ? It's completely illogical.

The Economist is the most respected magazine in Britain. It was founded in the 1840. Bill Gates says "I read every issue of The Economist, from cover to cover, it makes me think critically"


You claim that the targets were not Iranians. When I give you sources explaining a proxy war is happening, you falsely accuse the sources of helping the Israeli Army. While still refusing to answer about your claim

I have a very hard time following you.

u/williamsates · 4 pointsr/conspiracy

What gives the dynamic a particular look is the large population of Evangelical Christians. Now what you have to understand, is while the professed rates of religiosity are extremely high, the general population simply does not know anything about the Bible, or Judaism nor Islam. This goes for the evangelical crowd as well. There are a set of cliches that they all know, you know, 'Jesus saves," type of knowledge. So you end up with stuff like you see in this very thread, with 'we have a Judeo-Christian' background level of rhetoric.

The fact is that people just don't know anything about Judaism or Christianity.

On top of this you had a conscious Zionist political project, to make sure that culturally pro-Israel views dominate the news, academy and churches.

There are two academics who wrote a paper that eventually became a book concerning the influence of the Israel lobby. The book is a must read, but you should give the shorter paper a try for sure.

THE
ISRAEL
LOBBY
AND
U.S.
FOREIGN
POLICY

http://mearsheimer.uchicago.edu/pdfs/A0040.pdf

The book:

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

Pew study on religious knowledge.

http://www.pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/

u/lizzieb_23 · 4 pointsr/geopolitics

You won't find much written about AIPAC and the pro-Israeli lobby's role in the Iraq war because that is a VERY touchy issue since the pro-Israeli lobby is VERY sensitive about being seen pushing the US for war, despite the fact that they are also VERY active in doing so

https://www.reddit.com/r/iranian/comments/5hcol9/jewish_leaders_caught_in_iran_bind/

(Note the original article has mysteriously gone missing)

However I can recommend reading Walt & Mearsheimer's book

>The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy
https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

The authors are top-level American foreign policy experts, and their book created a HUGE reaction because until then it was pretty much taboo to talk about the role of Israel and the influence of the pro-Israeli lobby in US foreign policy (anyone who did was dismissed as a Nazi nut -- although George Ball had written about it: https://www.amazon.com/Passionate-Attachment-Americas-Involvement-Present/dp/0393029336, and also Findley https://www.amazon.com/They-Dare-Speak-Out-Institutions/dp/155652482X)

Note that the pro-Israeli lobby denies that a pro-Israeli lobby even exists and attributes claims to anti-Semitism, while yet at the same time the pro-Israeli lobby itself brags and boasts about its influence:

> I asked Rosen if aipac suffered a loss of influence after the Steiner affair. A half smile appeared on his face, and he pushed a napkin across the table. “You see this napkin?” he said. “In twenty-four hours, we could have the signatures of seventy senators on this napkin.”
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2005/07/04/real-insiders
I would recommend Walt & Mearsheimer's book

The authors had difficulty getting the book published at all in the US and no major US newspaper touched it. They could only initially get the London Review of Books to publish their essay on the subject too

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/john-mearsheimer/the-israel-lobby


As for the claim that Chalabi was an "Iranian agent" that somehow duped the US into invading Iraq, this was a bit of nonsense promoted after the war in an effort to justify it when the much-touted WMDs failed to turn up. In fact the Iranians warned the US to not invade Iraq https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/jul/24/iraq.iran

There were other such spins too. For example is was claimed that the US invaded Iraq because that Saddam had supposedly pretended to have WMds in order to deter Iran, but that somehow ended up mistakenly inducing the US into invading. Because you know, the US was too stupid to know better.

In reality the decision to invade Iraq had already been made despite the fact that the US knew there were no WMDs, and furthermore Iraq had filed a 12000 page detailed report to the UN showing how they had gotten rid of their WMDs as required. The Bush admin naturally claimed that this was all a lie and the WMDs were still there, Rumsfeld claimed they were "in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south, and north somewhat" -- and later he denied saying that Iraq had WMDs at all.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/article/Rumsfeld-denies-making-claims-Iraq-had-WMDs-1202942.php

Also the funny thing is that while the US was accusing Iraq of lying in their 12000 page report, it was also busy removing the pages from the report that implicated American and Western companies in the same WMD programs

http://projectcensored.org/3-us-illegally-removes-pages-from-iraq-un-report/

u/send_nasty_stuff · 3 pointsr/SubforWhitePeopleOnly

/r/911truth and r/holocaust has source driven stuff. The ron unz site is good.

Starter, source driven, articles.

https://www.unz.com/runz/our-american-pravda/

http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-holocaust-denial/

http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-911-conspiracy-theories/

Source driven full texts.

Jews and sexual 'freedom' agenda

http://www.culturewars.com/CultureWars/1999/libido_ad.html

Jews as revolutionaries and subversionaries through history all the way up to the neo con movement.

http://www.culturewars.com/Reviews/RevolutionaryReviews.html

https://www.bookdepository.com/Culture-Critique-Kevin-Macdonald/9780759672222

If you don't have the time to read 800 and 1200 page books here are two documentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCkc-ZF_TSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiGYtQ1EWZw

this doc covers lots of the issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJl0bH8ey-M

The late Emeritus Professor Dr. Tony Martin covers jews and the slave trade. WITH SOURCES

https://www.amazon.com/Jewish-Onslaught-Despatches-Wellesley-Battlefront/dp/0912469307

Here's a shorter read on jews and the slave trade.

https://wethoughttheywerewhite.tumblr.com/WhoAreTheJews

Those sources should cover 90% of /u/translate4mepls post. Please let me know if you have questions.

and if you need jews and bolshevism the Juri Lina books and documentaries are good and of course Solzenitzyn.

edit. if you are VERY short on time this is a compact documentary (20 minutes) yet still data/source driven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMPafQpfDU

edit 2. sorry I left out more specific israel lobbying books.

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Israel-Israels-Lobby-America/dp/0982775717

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2AP6DCM7502FT8F0FNZZ

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Right-Went-Wrong-Neoconservatives-ebook/dp/B003J56502/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=neo+conservatives+pat+buchanene&qid=1553479646&s=books&sr=1-1-spell

Need more sources?

https://imgur.com/a/RI1lA1j

https://imgur.com/a/IOSTDYs

https://imgur.com/a/rMMHiQv

https://imgur.com/a/mx4KK9X

https://imgur.com/a/oxPYWCc

https://imgur.com/a/sBtcAEh

https://imgur.com/a/XPosuJ6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJl0bH8ey-M

Also read the Hooton Plan and Kalergi plan. Here are two funny animations about this topic as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faNge-o0V-k

need more?

Quick history on the last 200 years of jews.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/a8u6rp/the_cuck_and_based_map_of_white_countries/eced3ar/

Small collection of jpgs on the jews

https://old.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/a9qw2y/the_rothschilds_started_the_civil_war/ecln6kd/?context=3

Thread on Study resources

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/a56b51/jewish_study_resources/

Step by step guide on Jews

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/a13foq/how_to_explain_the_jq_in_a_simple_stepbystep_guide/eamjm9n/

Jews and Communism

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/a1bf7q/debunking_jewish_communism/eaodfbt/

Why the JQ is important to white identitarianism movements

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/9wxv0m/what_is_the_specific_importance_of_the_jq/e9o46qe/

Jews and Pedophillia

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/9t18cm/ok_im_sold_now_what/e8vtgmp/

The JQ simplified in plain language.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubOfPeace/comments/9n7iin/2_am_schitzopost/e7krwez/

Thread on THE Epic Unz Article

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/9bi1rv/the_holocaust_did_not_happen/

Jew in their own words

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/93gzrj/can_anybody_here_just_admit_that_the_jq_is_dumb/e3d92gg/

A redpill story and some JQ info from /u/certifiedrabbi

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/8szqmz/is_the_altright_environmentalistwhat_altrights/e14rdzd/

Jews vs the Parsi

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/91cejs/the_reason_you_fight_for_an_open_society_is/e2xqyvz/

Jewish Tricks: driving cognitive overload to overwhelm enemies

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/8zmix9/cognitive_load_is_the_driver_of_pilpul_and/

Example of how jews first stigmatize, isolate and destroy enemies.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/8xbmrs/the_social_shaming_of_racists_is_working/e22bb07/

Examples of jewish subversion in the west

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/8wisse/frequently_among_the_altright_i_see_posts_talking/e1vuaif/

Understanding Jewish motives

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/8o4fmt/what_are_some_altright_beliefs_you_dont_100_agree/e00p9fx/

Understanding why whites ignore the JQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/8o4fmt/what_are_some_altright_beliefs_you_dont_100_agree/e0125ba/

Do jews really want to genocide whites?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/8jfaao/i_need_some_clarification_on_white_genocide/dyzei69/

Data on broken social cohesion

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAltRight/comments/8jee6p/does_the_altright_want_nonwhite_americans_to_leave/dyzflru/

u/FartfullyYours · 3 pointsr/conspiracy
u/Al_Shakir · 3 pointsr/DebateAltRight

It is not exactly what you are asking for, but if you have not read it, you must read The Israel Lobby: https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501/

u/BelligerentBenny · 3 pointsr/samharris

Yea because if you're not a white christian or jew it's obvious

We're fighting Muslims over sand no one should care about

Do you not understand our foreign policy?

Here is the most famous book on the topic

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

Written by a harvard and a u chicago professor.

I'll say it again. You have no fucking idea waht you're talking about. White nationalists love Israel. You are so unbelievably ignorant. Fucking Hitler loved Israel

If you think we would have invaded Iraq without our relationship with Israel you're fucking delusional. And again proving your ignorance. Stay out of politics. Clearly you know nothing about anyone politics or American policy.

u/agfa12 · 2 pointsr/politics

Eli Lake can "raises questions" all he wants but All of NIAC'S budget, is about $1.5 million. Less than what AIPAC spends on shoeshines, and if that amount only %20 can be used for lobbying.

Pretending that Israel does not have a pernicious and unbalanced influence on US foreign policy is just being a flat earthen when even the most distinguished mainstream US experts say it does:
http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

What other FOREIGN GOVT gets the special treatment given to Osrael? Our congressional and presidential candidates and office holders regularly appear before AIPAC and swear never ending fealty to a foreign govt. We don't do that for the Germans, Poles, Japaneae...just Israel.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SVLELDY90-E

u/CanuckPanda · 2 pointsr/worldnews

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

Highly recommend you give this a read, mate.

Lobbies give to people who will support them, that's why the money is useful. They're not going to help fund those who go against their interests. Help elect the friendly people, and then quietly remind them you helped them and they owe you.

u/LorTolk · 2 pointsr/AskSocialScience

I would also recommend The Globalization of World Politics as an introductory text to the field. It's an absolutely phenomenal textbook, while summaries you've posted are indeed comprehensive and succinct.

To elaborate, with more comprehensive texts (should the OP choose to read them), IR is a broad field. But specifically regarding International Politics, I would recommend Nye's The Future of Power, as a current perspective on international power (and the fairly recent differentiation in power resources, eg. "hard" and "soft" power). Focusing specifically on International Politics (as opposed to other IR subfields like development), the seminal works for the current theories on international politics include:


Theory of International Politics by Kenneth N. Waltz (1979), which serves as the foundation for structural realist (or neorealist) school. Neorealists are generally split between offensive realists (like Mearsheimer) and defensive realists (Waltz and Walt) as general categorizations, and you can find related works from these scholars for a focused view from either on the issues they disagree upon.

After Hegemony (1984) by Robert Keohane is the neoliberal institutionalist response to Waltz (Power and Interdependence by Keohane & Nye (1977) is probably its founding text), and one of the leading works of the theoretical field itself.

Finally, Social Theory of International Politics by Alexander Wendt (1999) is the comprehensive overview of the social constructivist school.

These largely cover all the major theoretical branches of current International Political theory (without diverging too heavily into IR subfields), though I do emphasize that these classifications are fairly fluid, given the readiness of offensive realists like Mearsheimer to look into the "black box" of domestic politics in the (highly controversial) piece, The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy. Again, these are the main theoretical works in these respective schools, and it is not necessary for you (the OP) to read through all of them to understand the subject.

While not exclusively International Politics focused, World Systems Theory is highly influential critical theory for IR studies, and understanding it (and Marxist-influenced dependency theory) as well as game theory (Nash Equilibrium etc) are both integral to modern IR methodologies and theories. By in large, Hobbes and the Leviathan (and a bit of Rousseau) is the only political theory that you need to start delving into IR theory, so you should be good on that front.

There are also specialized and diversified IR fields such as Development, Peace and Conflict Resolution, and Human Rights, but those are most likely not necessary given the scope of your conference (by the sounds of it, predominantly focused on state-centric International Politics).

u/vigorous · 2 pointsr/worldpolitics

Mearsheimer and Walt wrote up the Iraq war substantiating that claim They are among the few recognizable and respected US commentators with good credentials to have done so.

u/rodmclaughlin · 2 pointsr/ukpolitics

No, a conspiracy is where a group of people get together in secret to do something illegal. When Alan Dershowitz attacked Omar Barghouti as the second Hitler or something, he didn't get together in secret with anyone else, and didn't break the law. But he's a smart guy, and I think he knows what he's doing. He doesn't believe a wuss like Barghouti is an actual threat to Jewish power.

Chomsky did describe himself as a Zionist, but his definition of it is different to today's. He certainly doesn't challenge Jewish power. He explicitly rejects the conclusions of The Israel Lobby. He tries to persuade people it's all America's fault, and strongly rejects the view that the the tail wags the dog.

u/friendship_n_karate · 2 pointsr/politics

Secretly? I assume this is just one big work if antisemitism?

u/BanMikePantsNow · 2 pointsr/conspiracy

Without question. Read all about it.

u/Ian56 · 1 pointr/worldpolitics

Yep. there are lots of other reasons why Israel is an enemy of the US.

They also include spying on US, to obtain US technology or National Secrets.

Selling US technology on to countries that the US did not want it to go to, e.g. military tech to China or nuclear tech to Pakistan.

The head of Pakistan's nuclear weapons development program later sold nuclear tech on to North Korea.

Massive interference in US Foreign Policy making. Pretty much all members of Congress are totally bought by the Israel lobby to act directly against US interests.

The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy https://www.amazon.co.uk/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

The dizzying number of Israel lobby groups and individuals that influence America's knowledge of - and policies towards - the Middle East https://www.sott.net/article/385087-The-dizzying-number-of-Israel-lobby-groups-and-individuals-that-influence-Americas-knowledge-of-and-policies-towards-the-Middle-East

u/Hermann_Von_Salza · 1 pointr/worldnews

> Could never understand why the US backed Israel so vehemently.

Here's a good place to start.

u/NTL99007 · 1 pointr/conspiracy

Be very very careful going against Jewish interests. This is one of the most censored topics.

Stuff like Culture of Critique. Already taken down by Amazon. It had amazing reviews, and averaged around 4.5-5.0

https://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2019/03/12/amazon-bans-culture-of-critique-and-separation-and-its-discontents/

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/182136.The_Culture_of_Critique

"MIND BLOWN.
This should be required reading in school.
Exposes a fundamental issue in our society that most are completely unaware of.
Book is well referenced, and have fact checked many of the claims myself, which i've proven to be true."

Stuff by Ron Unz.
http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-racial-discrimination-at-harvard/

The book the Holocaust Industry
https://www.amazon.com/Holocaust-Industry-Reflections-Exploitation-Suffering/dp/1781685614/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=holocaust+industry+finkelstein
The book the Israel Lobby, written by two Harvard professors
https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=the+israel+lobby

Nobel laureate Solzhenitsyn wrote a book about Jews in Russia, 100 Years Together, that few dare publish.

Roosh V, as a proponent of mens rights, questioned Jews and feminism, and promptly had books deplatformed from Amazon. He was banned from the UK. Books along the lines of Bang, Bang Ukraine, etc.

Check lectures by Michael E Jones. A Catholic that calls out "Jewish influence."
https://youtu.be/uYOcyDRcG1E

Check videos of Alex Jones talking about "globalists", which some say is a codeword for Jews.

If you really want to combat censorship try to find videos that Youtube is about to take down. People keep trying to get the truth out and censors keep taking it down. Look at videos listing 109 countries Jews were kicked out of, as an example.
https://youtu.be/6roAvG02gms

Try to guess the religion of the people usually taking these things down, and not giving people the chance to defend the truth of their work or statements.
https://www.adl.org/blog/pick-up-artist-roosh-v-moves-from-misogyny-to-anti-semitism

Remember, feminism is a Jewish movement:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Feminists_by_religion
...there's much more to say, if the censors don't get you first!

u/callmebaiken · 1 pointr/politics
u/Medium_Association · 1 pointr/islam

If you actually want to understand why the United States supports Israel, I recommend you order this book :

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

The authors make a very good analysis.

It's more complex than the ridiculous stuff I often hear such as "America always supported Israel" (No, they factually didn't until 1967) or "Israel totally controls America" (No they actually don't) . Those are simplistic childish answers that don't come close to a real analysis.

u/TelevisionAntichrist · 1 pointr/europe

I would also recomment Stephen Walt's blog over at foreign policy. He's a realist (defensive neorealism) and has worked with Mearsheimer quite closely (The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy), and has a slightly less controversial take on worldl affairs than does Mearsheimer. Both have pulled me towards realism as having greater explanatory power on international politics, though G. John Ikenberry is also really great (neoliberal institutionalism).

u/rogersII · 1 pointr/explainlikeimfive

Actually plenty of "the Jews" themselves point out that Israel is lobbying for a US war on Iran. http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

This is pretty patently obvious
http://www.uscatholic.org/culture/war-and-peace/2008/06/iran-spam

u/smokejaguar · 1 pointr/lostgeneration

Yes, it absolutely did, as detailed here and here.

u/OneReportersOpinion · 1 pointr/worldnews

Again, not an article, but a book. You know the difference right? One of them is a professor of the Kennedy School at Harvard. The other teaches at the University of Chicago. What else?

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501/ref=nodl_

u/corporatedemocrat · 1 pointr/conspiracy

this is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. The US is hostile to Syria because of joint GCC-Israeli lobbying to counter the "Shi'a Crescent".

It's not Assad, it's Iran and Hezbollah they're after.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_Break:_A_New_Strategy_for_Securing_the_Realm

All of this monsanto, central banking crap is fiction. The US's policy since the 80s was for to remove Syria from Iran's sphere of influence and to bring stability to lebanon. The US had on and off relation with Hafez and Bashar.

Then Bush added Iran to the Axis of Evil, after collaborating with Iran in Herat, and Syria went into the defensive which only stoked hostility .


TL:DR: It was the Israel lobby

https://www.amazon.com/Treacherous-Alliance-Secret-Dealings-Israel/dp/0300143117

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

u/TheHamburgerKing · 1 pointr/worldnews

This book had a pretty big effect on my perception of US-Israel relations.

u/adkjnaskjdn18319823 · 1 pointr/worldnews

Because Israel has the most organized and well funded lobbying effort and because a significant portion of the voting public is jewish.

You should read the israel lobby by mearsheimer, really insightful book.

u/ergoegthatis · 1 pointr/iamverysmart

> Israel has already given Egypt a significant amount of territory (c.f. The Sinai peninsula, despite its Jewish holy cite and natural ressources) - that worked wonders.

They're generous because they gave the Egyptians their own land back?

Its signifiance to Jews means nothing; Jerusalem is sacred to Muslims too.

> There are more Arab nations than there are Jewish nations - a vote from the international community will not be impartial.

Zionist influence in the US is beyond anything the entire Arab population can muster, and this US power (which protects Israel and its war crimes) is where Israel gets its power. In fact, Israel is in violation of so many UN resolutions (including the current mass murder and indiscriminate bombing and shelling of civilians) without a care in the world. Even Jews (Chomsky, Norman Finkelstein, etc.) are speaking out against Israeli terrorism.

> the Jordan valley would soon become a tunnel for terrorists affiliated with Hamas/Hezbollah/etc to raise all hell

No hell they've raised or will raise can compare to the current devastation Israel is inflicting on the Palestinian civilians. In fact, the reason Palestinians are picking up arms is because of Israeli war crimes and massacres, which have never stopped since Israel was created. You would be making an achievement if you could name a decade that Israel did not commit a massacre -- all in the name of "self-defense", of course.

u/Challenge_Authority · 0 pointsr/politics

>Eli Lake can "raises questions" all he wants but All of NIAC'S budget, is about $1.5 million. Less than what AIPAC spends on shoeshines, and if that amount only %20 can be used for lobbying.

That was just one lobby for the pro-Iran side. There were many other special interests that were itching to do business in Iran. There was a lot of money floating around during negotiations.

>Pretending that Israel does not have a pernicious and unbalanced influence on US foreign policy is just being a flat earthen when even the most distinguished mainstream US experts say it does:
http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

Pernicious? No I don't think so. It is not surprising a lobby representing Israeli interests is focused on Israeli interests. Unbalanced? Well they certainly are stronger force than many other countries. Here's a list from 2013 showing which 10 countries spent the most lobbying the US.
http://wapo.st/1g4xzvO
As you can see, Israel didn't make the list. Even if you include all of AIPAC's money as Israeli government lobbying, they don't even crack the top 5. There are many foreign governments trying to influence our policy in ways that befit them.

>What other FOREIGN GOVT gets the special treatment given to Osrael? Our congressional and presidential candidates and office holders regularly appear before AIPAC and swear never ending fealty to a foreign govt. We don't do that for the Germans, Poles, Japaneae...just Israel.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SVLELDY90-E

I think this is reaching a bit. Israel are our allies. We share lots of tech and intel that have benefited the US greatly. Just take a look at Israeli tech and it will shock you how much has been developed there. They are the only democracy in the Middle East with freedom of press, religion, and speech, meaning we value the same things and many times our interests align.

We require foreign governments to be US friendly or we don't support them. In fact with the amount of regimes and democratically elected governments we have toppled it could not be any more hypocritical to call out other countries for trying to influence us. Further, you could make similar arguments about politicians needing to pledge allegiance to Citigroup or Exxon. Israel is just one of many strong lobbies. They're not pulling the strings and dictating what will happen - they simply try to influence the outcome as best they can. They are no more nefarious or pernicious than any special interest.

u/CLTPanthersFan · -1 pointsr/worldnews
u/yacksterqw · -1 pointsr/Ask_Politics

\>Israel is an important US strategic partner in the Middle East

​

This is actually a highly questionable assertion as the authors of The Israel Lobby point out, and in fact Israel has been more of a burden and liability to the US and cause for undermining US interests in the region.

u/njtrafficsignshopper · -2 pointsr/geopolitics

One important work, I think, is this one
https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

Especially regarding the US' role in the conflict if that interests you.

u/DontaskaboutDimona · -2 pointsr/worldnews

Rather than reading reddit's analysis on how Israel keeps getting bank rolled by Uncle Sam.. You should read this excellent book about the Israel lobby in America.

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

The book is written by John J. Mearsheimer of the University of Chicago and Stephen M. Walt of Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government.

Even in the preface they go into great depths of how Israel manipulates it's funding by gaining the maximum funding from American tax dollars. For example, Israel doesn't buy weapons directly. They buy U.S. bonds, wait for them to mature and then cash out the bonds for additional interest. inflating the already massive amount of funding they receive. All at the expense of the U.S. tax payer.

u/thelasian · -2 pointsr/geopolitics

You can dismiss whatever you want, facts are still facts and don't care about your opinions:

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501

https://www.amazon.com/Treacherous-Alliance-Secret-Dealings-Israel/dp/0300143117/r

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/09/11/whos-afraid-israel-lobby-367368.html

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/john-mearsheimer/the-israel-lobby

FYI pro-israeli lobbyists themselves say so:


>“The reason why I want to tell this story now is, we may be going down a path, helped along by the American Jewish community, and maybe even Israel, that is going to be worse even than the one we’re on now – some sort of military confrontation with Iran. That worries me. Because they will be able to blame [it] on the Jews, to a great extent,” says Weissman, who worked at AIPAC from 1993 until 2005, much of that time as the group’s deputy director of foreign policy. Though Weissman disagrees sharply with those who say that AIPAC played a critical role in pushing for the 2003 U.S. decision to invade Iraq, he believes a war with Iran — which he says “would be the stupidest thing I ever heard of” — might well be blamed on AIPAC’s leaders and their constituents. “What the Jews’ war will be is Iran,” he says. “Not Iraq.”

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tehranbureau/2011/06/aipac-from-the-inside-1-isolating-iran.html


More:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/02/aipac-and-the-push-toward-war/253358/

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/if_its_going_to_push_us_to_war_time_for_aipac_to_register_20150811

http://www.tikkun.org/nextgen/aipac-hell-bent-on-dragging-the-us-and-israel-into-a-war-with-iran

https://thinkprogress.org/aipacs-iran-strategy-on-sanctions-mirrors-run-up-to-iraq-war-tactics-f25733fc26e6

Several award-winning books have been written on the subject too

u/pineseed · -5 pointsr/explainlikeimfive

Because the ones who tell public who to vote for are for large part Zionists. Then there is the AIPAC and myriad of other smaller lobby groups working for intrest of Israel, including influential and rich Evangelical Christian groups believing that Israel is the manifestation of God's will. Supporting Israel also keeps the militant evangelist Christians happy that way. Finally, supporting Israel gives USA a good strategic foothold in most oil rich corner of the planet.

A lot of factors play into this question, but in nutshell:

u/ProTrump4Downvotes · -6 pointsr/politics

The article and especially the headline were quite inflammatory. But the larger point should not be taboo. Pro-Israel forces which are largely Jewish have an overwhelming influence on our foreign policy. The Iraq War would not have happened if not for that influence.

A fantastic book on the subject is The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy, by two of the country's top international relations experts John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt.

Here's a fantastic lecture and Q&A on the subject which they did at Harvard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXS3tmZrcU

u/mstrgrieves · -6 pointsr/samharris

No, it is not true that AIPAC funds politicians in the USA - it isn't a PAC, it's a lobbying organization.

EDIT: If anybody downvoting me would like to learn something about the truth of how our government operates rather than perpetuate a shallow and illogical conspiracy theory about jewish influence, this AIPAC critical article by Stephen Walt, who literally wrote the book on the Israel Lobby and its negative influence on the american body politic, is a good place to start. For the purposes of this conversation, let me quote the following passage

>Fourth, like other interest groups, the Israel lobby uses a variety of strategies to accomplish its goals. Some of its influence comes from campaign contributions to political parties or politicians (although AIPAC does not do this) ,some from direct lobbying on Capitol Hill, some from public outreach (op-eds, books, position papers, media appearances, etc.), and some from the role that pro-Israel individuals may play in the U.S. government itself.

​

​

u/AdmirableLoquat · -16 pointsr/worldnews

> The reason why the Israel receives so much foreign aid is strictly out of the US's own interests.

This statement couldn't be further from the truth. The reason Israel gets so much military aid is almost solely due to massive lobbying efforts by Pro-Israel organizations.

Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer go into this with great depth in their book, The Israel Lobby.

u/400lbsofautism · -17 pointsr/ShitPoliticsSays

> Israel is an actual ally

hahaha

> continuing to exist in their ancestral Homeland

oh man, let's try that line with the palestinians they displaced, or better yet, white swedes

i can't believe i have to clarify white swedes. I wonder what group was behind the big push for perpetual war in the Middle East and then pushed for refugee settlement in europe