Reddit Reddit reviews More Sex Is Safer Sex: The Unconventional Wisdom of Economics

We found 5 Reddit comments about More Sex Is Safer Sex: The Unconventional Wisdom of Economics. Here are the top ones, ranked by their Reddit score.

Macroeconomics
Economics
Business & Money
Books
More Sex Is Safer Sex: The Unconventional Wisdom of Economics
Check price on Amazon

5 Reddit comments about More Sex Is Safer Sex: The Unconventional Wisdom of Economics:

u/EarnestBlue · 12 pointsr/gaybros

This reminds me of a decent book I read some years ago titled More Sex is Safer Sex. It was interesting to me, partially because the reviews of it were pretty polarized. Here's a link if you're interested: https://www.amazon.com/More-Sex-Safer-Unconventional-Economics/dp/1416532226.

u/StardustSapien · 9 pointsr/TrueReddit

In this day and age of social reckoning ignited by the #metoo phenomenon, sexual relationships and attitudes feels like it has become a touchier subject than in days gone by. For me, it has put a dampener on one of my favorite conversation starters.

Before I was delighted by the thought provoking wackiness of freakonomics, I enjoyed the dubiously titled "More Sex is Safer Sex". Which made a case for encouraging the general public to become more sexually active in the interest of public health.

As the times article's reflections on the psychological and mental health aspects of sexuality shows, there is so much need for this somewhat taboo subject to become less so. I'd really look forward to the day when there is enough impetus for social institutions, in whatever form, to address this vital aspect of the human experience in a more healthy, constructive way - for all our benefits.

u/Hellbear · 4 pointsr/gaybros

You should tell that to the developers of Reddit's iOS APP.
Without the space between the URL and the period, reddit's iOS app treats it as part of the URL and tries to take you to https://www.amazon.com/More-Sex-Safer-Unconventional-Economics/dp/1416532226. when tapped.

u/mateo9944 · 2 pointsr/funny
u/lobster_squad · 2 pointsr/sex

In general, one should refrain from judging. How can you say to your brother, "Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye," when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye?

> if a girl has had a lot of dicks she is less and less likely to be enamored with any one of them.

Possibly, but you don't have to make the evaluation in the abstract. "This girl has had a lot of partners, but in fact, she particularly likes me; that girl is a virgin, but she's still cold and unpleasant." Why rely on shaky statistical correspondence when the actual case is in front of you.

> There is no double standard. Males and females are different and have different preferences.

That is exactly what a double standard is.

> Very few men want a girl with a reputation.

Circular reasoning: people think promiscuity is a bad thing because people think promiscuity is a bad thing.

> STD risk goes up

Obviously, you haven't read economist Steve Landsberg's classic text, More Sex Is Safer Sex.

> Closely tied to 3, but having a girlfriend with a past is shameful for most men

And circular, just like (3).